A Conversation on the iconic TTC Streetcars with Helen Lee of The Next Stop Podcast - May 2022
The City of Toronto operates an extensive Streetcar system, consisting of 9 streetcar lines, 685 stops across 83km in length. All this makes it the 3rd largest light rail system in North America.
The TTC Streetcars are very iconic and emblematic of the City of Toronto. They are also an essential and integral part of the public transit network.
In this conversation with Helen Lee, Creator / Executive Producer / Co-Host of The Next Stop Podcast, we talk about the Streetcars and touch on the following points of interest:
- What is the Toronto Streetcar System.
- The history of the Streetcar system.
- The rolling stock, recent past and present.
- The Mystique of the Streetcar system and what makes it unique to Toronto.
- How the Streetcars in Toronto endure, while most other cities systems have been discontinued.