Rail Fans - Article Status & How to Contribute
This topic is for general information on how to submit content for the new sites, as well as what we are looking for in regards to text and photos. This post will be updated if new information or clarification is needed. Feel free to ask questions below.
For planning purposes, I have created this article, for the purposes of completing the new sites. You will find a list of all the articles needing to be created, for the Trains, the Stations and the Lines.
2. Creating Content.
For all of the articles, I do invite you to visit O-Train Fans www.otrainfans.ca to get an idea of how the articles should be put together. For the trains, the Alstom Citadis Spirit article is a good example, and for the stations, the Parliament station is another example. For stations, it is broken down into an Overview, Unique Features and Public Artwork. There is also space for some details on the station Public Artwork.
In regards to photos, for the stations, there are 3 main areas that need to be photographed. Exterior (5 photos), Interior (10 photos) and Platforms (5 photos). You can take and submit more than that, which would allow me to select the best for the article. A photo of the major public art installation is also appreciated.
For the trains, interior and exterior photos, around a dozen.
For the lines, photos are not required, but a single good establishing photo, iconic of that line is required featuring the train at a station or along the line.
3. Submitting Content.
Submitting content is easy. Shane (myself) will handle the posting to the website to ensure consistency and formatting. You can send me via email () your text and photos (as attachments, please not in the body of the email). If the files are too large to send via email, I recommend using WeTransfer (www.wetransfer.com), in which you can select multiple photos or files and send them all together (up to 2gb). I do ask that you send separate emails for each station, please don't combine multiple station photos into one email or send as I will have trouble knowing which is which. Ideally, if the filenames can indicate the station and location (interior, exterior, concourse and platform) that would be super helpful.
I hope the information above is helpful, but should you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.
Thank you again for your interest in helping build Rail Fans together.
- Bombardier-Alstom MPM-10 Azur
- Bombardier MR-73
- Canadian Vickers MR-63
- Acadie (Only Photos Remain)
- Angrignon (Only Photos Remain)
- Atwater (Only Photos Remain)
- Beaudry (Only Photos Remain)
- Berri-UQAM (Only Photos Remain)
- Bonaventure (Only Photos Remain)
- Cartier (Only Photos Remain)
- Côte-des-Neiges (Only Photos Remain)
- Côte-Vertu (Only Photos Remain)
- Crémazie (Only Photos Remain)
- De Castelnau
- De l'Église
- De la Concorde
- De la Savane
- Du Collège
- Édouard-Montpetit (Only Photos Remain)
- Henri-Bourassa (Only Photos Remain)
- Jean-Drapeau (Only Photos Remain)
- Jean-Talon (Only Photos Remain)
- Langelier (Only Photos Remain)
- Laurier (Only Photos Remain)
- Lionel-Groulx (Only Photos Remain)
- Lucien-L'Allier (Only Photos Remain)
- McGill (Only Photos Remain)
- Mont-Royal (Only Photos Remain)
- Parc (Only Photos Remain)
- Peel (Only Photos Remain)
- Pie-IX (Only Photos Remain)
- Place des Arts (Only Photos Remain)
- Radisson (Only Photos Remain)
- Saint-Michel (Only Photos Remain)
- Snowdon (Only Photos Remain)
- Square-Victoria- OACI (Only Photos Remain)
- Université-de-Montréal (Only Photos Remain)
- Bombardier Toronto Rocket (TR)
- Bombardier T Series (T1)
- Bombardier S Series
- Bathurst (Only Text Remaining)
- Castle Frank
- Christie (Only Text Remaining)
- Downsview Park
- Eglinton West
- Finch West
- High Park
- Highway 407
- Lawrence West
- Main Street
- North York Centre
- Old Mill
- Ossington (Only Text Remaining)
- Pioneer Village
- Queen's Park
- Royal York
- Sheppard West
- St Andrew
- St Clair
- St Clair West
- St George
- St Patrick
- Vaughan Metropolitan Centre
- Victoria Park
- York Mills
- York University