Discussing the Gatineau Tramway with Maude Marquis-Bissonnette, Mayoral Candidate - July 2021
The Gatineau Tramway, proposed for the west-end of the city, will transform public transit, most notably in the Plateau and Aylmer sectors, which currently do not have any rapid-transit offered.
In this video discussion with Maude Marquis-Bissonnette (Mayoral Candidate, Leader of Action Gatineau, and councillor for Plateau), we discuss the tramway project, the eventual rapibus conversion, the tramway insertion into Ottawa, and a 6th crossing between Gatineau-Ottawa.
- 00:19 - Introduction
- 00:31 - Gatineau Tramway
- 01:52 - How will the tramway improve the transit experience
- 03:04 - How will the tramway improve road congestion in the Plateau and Aylmer
- 05:08 - Closure to cars on rue Laurier near Place du Portage and Terraces de la Chaudiere
- 07:33 - Interest in converting the Rapibus to rail
- 08:54 - Timeline of converting the Rapibus
- 10:33 - The possible 6th crossing between Gatineau and Ottawa
- 11:42 - How can citizens voice their comments and become engaged with this project
- 13:11 - The routing of the tramway through the Plateau
- 15:55 - The insertion into Ottawa, on the surface on Wellington or in a tunnel under Sparks
- 17:35 - The Ottawa-Gatineau Loop