Chicago Street Car find...

Been stuck in Chicago USA since June..so thought I would post a fun find today.

Construction on Sheffield Ave revealed the old pavers and train tracks. The picture doesn't do it justice. It's gorgeous. 

Can't have nice things anymore. Only cheap crappy asphalt and billion dollar train system proposals that have not gone anywhere since the 70s.

It's time to propose renovation of these streets and simple tram/streetcar lines. Especially in historic districts and tourist areas...or even my neighborhood! 

IMG_20200903_124820.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been stuck in Chicago USA since June..so thought I would post a fun find today. Construction on Sheffield Ave revealed the old pavers and train tracks. The picture doesn't do it justice. It's gor

We still have some streets and alley that are the original bricks.  Only issue is that people (meaning the city) thinks its acceptable that when a water pipe or something else below the surface needs

Posted Images

We still have some streets and alley that are the original bricks.  Only issue is that people (meaning the city) thinks its acceptable that when a water pipe or something else below the surface needs to be repaired, they remove the bricks, do the work, and patch with hot asphalt instead of restoring the brick.  I complained and the city said "But nobody knows how to do bricks anymore and its super expensive"  As I look around and see every new house in Chicago is being built with bricks....  Anyway, just another thing that would be nice to have, but bureaucrats and laziness get in the way of.

Much of Chicago's infrastructure was built in the late 1800's but the German immigrants, so they brought good skills with them.  We let it go to sh****t.

• Sad 1