Subway Fans - Article Status

The following is a listing of all the articles that are in need of being created. If there is an article or articles you would like to do, please signal your interest to me and I will update the list below to say who is doing it. Ideally you should only signal your interest on an article if you are able to complete it within a month's time to avoid tying up articles indefinitely. As articles are completed and posted on the site, the list will also be updated with the completed articles removed. 

For all of the articles, I do encourage you to visit www.otrainfans.ca to see how the completed articles should flow and be organized, as well as ideas for the types of pictures. 

Trains

• Bombardier Toronto Rocket (TR)
  • Bombardier T Series (T1)
  • Bombardier S Series

Lines

1. Yonge-University
  2. Bloor-Danforth
  3. Scarborough
  4. Sheppard

Stations

• Bathurst
  • Bay
  • Bloor-Yonge (Text: Seth)
  • Broadview
  • Castle Frank
  • Chester
  • Christie
  • College (Text: Seth)
  • Coxwell
  • Davisville (Text: Seth)
  • Donlands
  • Downsview Park
  • Dufferin (Text: Nicholas Philipson)
  • Dundas (Text: Seth)
  • Dundas West (Text: Nicholas Philipson)
  • Dupont
  • Eglinton (Text: Seth)
  • Eglinton West
  • Finch
  • Finch West
  • Glencairn
  • Greenwood
  • High Park
  • Highway 407
  • Islington
  • Jane
  • Keele
  • King (Text: Seth)
  • Kipling
  • Lansdowne (Text: Nicholas Philipson)
  • Lawrence
  • Lawrence West
  • Main Street
  • Museum
  • North York Centre
  • Old Mill
  • Osgoode
  • Ossington (Text: Nicholas Philipson)
  • Pape
  • Pioneer Village
  • Queen (Text: Seth)
  • Queen's Park
  • Rosedale (Text: Seth)
  • Royal York
  • Runnymede
  • Sheppard-Yonge
  • Sheppard West
  • Sherbourne
  • Spadina
  • St Andrew
  • St Clair (Text: Seth)
  • St Clair West
  • St George
  • St Patrick
  • Summerhill (Text: Seth)
  • Union (Text: Seth)
  • Vaughan Metropolitan Centre
  • Victoria Park
  • Warden
  • Wellesley (Text: Seth)
  • Wilson
  • Woodbine
  • York Mills
  • York University
  • Yorkdale

Stations on Lines 5 & 6 (Eglinton and Finch West) will be completed once they are open and operating. As such, they are not included above at this time.

------

Hello all.

This topic is for general information on how to submit content for the new sites, as well as what we are looking for in regards to text and photos. This first post of this topic will be updated if new information or clarification is needed. Feel free to ask questions below.

1. Planning.

For planning purposes, I have created separate topics in this new category, for each of the new sites. You will find a list of all the articles needing to be created, for the Trains, the Stations and the Lines. To help avoid overlap or multiple people working on the same article, I ask that you signal your interest by replying on the respective topic and indicating what you are planning to do (text, photos or both). Ideally if you signal your interest, I ask that you aim to have it completed within a month so that the article does not get tied up indefinitely and ultimately not getting completed. As people voice their interest (and you can indicate multiple articles at the same time), I will update the first post in those topics with who is doing what on the list.

2. Creating Content.

For all of the articles, I do invite you to visit O-Train Fans www.otrainfans.ca to get an idea of how the articles should be put together. For the trains, the Alstom Citadis Spirit article is a good example, and for the stations, the Parliament station is another example. For stations, it is broken down into an Overview, Unique Features and Public Artwork. There is also space for some details on the station Public Artwork.

In regards to photos, for the stations, there are 3 main areas that need to be photographed. Exterior, Interior and Platforms. For consistency, 5 photos of each of those areas are required (occasionally the interior may consist of 10).

For the trains, interior and exterior photos, around a dozen.

For the lines, photos are not required, but a single good establishing photo, iconic of that line is required featuring the train at a station or along the line.

3. Submitting Content.

Submitting content is easy. Shane (myself) will handle the posting to the website to ensure consistency and formatting. You can send me via email (media@railfans.ca) your text and photos (as attachments, please not in the body of the email). If the files are too large to send via email, I recommend using WeTransfer (www.wetransfer.com), in which you can select multiple photos or files and send them all together (up to 2gb). I do ask that you send separate emails for each station, please don't combine multiple station photos into one email or send as I will have trouble knowing which is which. Ideally, if the filenames can indicate the station and location (interior, exterior, concourse and platform) that would be super helpful.

Final Thoughts

I hope the information above is helpful, but should you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. 

Thank you again for your interest in helping build Subway Fans together.

• Shane locked this topic
  • Shane unlocked and unpinned this topic
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm available to write descriptions for stations that need them. Since there are photos coming in for Line 4, I could start with those stations so that the pages are complete. 

Nicholas Polischouk has sent in photos for the Line 4 Sheppard Line stations excluding Sheppard-Yonge, so this can be considered done. The text descriptions for those stations would still need to be created.

I am marking it above in the list.

Thank you Seth and welcome to Rail Fans. I’ll mark this down above. 

EDIT : September 4th, the Line 4 stations are now completed. Seth and Nicholas are now working on Line 3 stations.

Hi Nick. Welcome aboard and thank you for your interest. 

All good if you’d like to start there. I’ll mark those with your name above as in progress. 

If you have any questions or need guidance please let me know. I invite you to check out the Line 3 and 4 stations that are completed to get an idea of what should be included.