Montreal

In Ottawa, it will be the only station with such a configuration. Toronto has a few similar stations along the University line; Yorkdale with entrances on both sides of the highway underpass, and Wilson but without the underpass entrances. The two stations south of the aforementioned, Lawrence West and Glencairn, have similarities to Jeanne d'Arc, Convent Glen and Place d'Orléans. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a rendering that was sent to me a few years ago by someone associated with the project. That person is no longer with the project. I did not see it on the page dedicated to Montréal Statio

Thank you for sharing the picture. I have added it onto the Montreal station page. If the final station can look this open and clean it will be to me a success from a visual perspective. At the v

From Jim Watson's Twitter: https://twitter.com/JimWatsonOttawa/status/1286680978317094912

Posted Images

According to Michael Morgan during FEDCO today, the new highway 174 overpasses at Montreal should open to traffic in November. The contractor will then be able to demolish the old highway bridge to make room for the station. 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

This is what we have so far:

Map of Montreal Station area showing proposed connectivity enhancements

In Project Agreement:

A. Uni-directional cycle tracks and a 2.5m wide sidewalk on both sides of Montreal Road between the on and off ramps.

B. Multi-Use Pathway connecting the south end of Rainbow Street to Montreal Road.

C. Multi-Use Pathway along the north side of Highway 174 from Blair Road, continuing along the south side of Montreal Road with a cross ride/walk at signalised westbound off-ramp/ Montreal Road intersection, and continuing east to provide a connection to the Sir George Etienne Cartier Parkway.

Proposed Enhancements

D. Install cycle tracks along Montréal Road from station to Shefford Road and buffered bike lanes from Montreal Station to Bearbrook Road.

E. Provide an opening to connect the east-west Multi-Use Pathway to the corner of Shefford Road and East Acres Road.

Additional Resources

Plan view: Montréal Road Cycle Tracks and Crossings

Concept plan of Montreal Station area showing proposed pedestrian and cycling facilitieshttps://ottawa.ca/en/city-hall/public-engagement/projects/stage-2-lrt-station-connectivity-enhancement-study

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a video taken of the East Extension from Blair to the Georges Étienne Cartier Parkway viaduct.

I had the chance to see for myself yesterday and the least we can say is that the arrival of the LRT in Orléans is already changing the landscape. Not only do we start to see the pillars of the new rail bridge that will insert the LRT in the middle of the highway, but we can also see the new Eastbound lanes.

Edited by Phil
Forgot to mention where the video was filmed.
  • Like 1

We've seen some significant progress over the summer. I think they'll be able to open the new eastbound lanes over Montreal Road by November, but I have my doubts when it comes to the westbound lanes. 

I have been going through that area daily for the past 2-3 weeks and the eastbound seems to be more advanced in work than the westbound, but the curve and angle of the road makes the westbound harder to see.

It will make for quite a large space for the station and guideway to be located... something I am eager to see.

On a sidenote, the work taking place on the flyover outside of Blair to the median is really starting to advance nicely. The road shift is a bit rough at spots and I hit a pothole just before Blair as it shifted back in the left westbound lane. Happy to say the hole has since been patched, but still odd that portion has a long metal strip embedded into the pavement.

On 2020-10-14 at 10:09 AM, J.OT13 said:

We've seen some significant progress over the summer. I think they'll be able to open the new eastbound lanes over Montreal Road by November, but I have my doubts when it comes to the westbound lanes. 

I guess they are doing one side at a time to have a little impact as possible on traffic; the 174 is the THE main access road to Orléans.

And to you Shane: I am really looking forward to seeing how the whole flyover bridge will fit into the environment. For those who have been travelling from and to Orléans for many years, it will be a big change.

I am intrigued by how they are going to connect Blair station to the East extension. When I look at the end of the rails and what follows, it makes me think there might have be a curve to go under the viaduct, right where the buses go east.

Finally, I have a confession to make: I am just starting to realize the magnitude of Stage 2. Stage 1 was awesome! But Stage 2 is something else. Yes, I know how many stations and Km of rails are being constructed. But now, it is taking shape and getting real.

• Like 2