Thanks for following up. Whichever way they go, it will be important for the signage to guide people towards the right platform efficiently and not do something similar to what happens at Tunney's Pasture during rush-hour. If most of the traffic goes towards Algonquin vs Moodie, I guess it makes sense, otherwise it is resulting in a confusing layout. Nonetheless, I wish there was a second platform access on the opposite side to ease transfers from Moodie to DT and vice-versa. The stairs will get quite crowded in rush-hour if they come to the decision that for platform space it makes more sense to run Moodie on its own platform all the time.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I copy pasted my post from SSP and it looks a little wonky. The Stage 2 replay ends at "This is a concern on our type of system where we have low level platforms and it is a short step down to track l

I received clarification from the City of Ottawa's Stage 2 Team regarding the Lincoln Fields configuration. 

Lyon station's integration of double elevators on either end of the spacious, designed-for-the-future mezzanine level works very well. Like Lyon Station, Rideau station has double elevators from the s

They might need to place electronic boards so that the messaging can change with the service patterns. It will be important to lock the stairs and elevators to the Moodie shuttle platform when not in use. 

I'm hoping they never decide to use the side platform during regular hours. That would be worst case scenario in terms of passenger circulation. It's important that they make the centre platform wide enough to prevent overcrowding in the first place. 

Thank you for sharing that station layout graphic @J.OT13. Lincoln Fields seems to have changed from the earlier indications of it being 3 separated platforms, rather than the now current 2 side platforms plus a 3rd platform.

This new setup, is essentially the same type of configuration as on the Montreal Metro's Henri Bourassa station. Here, the main orange line passes through on the typical 2 side platforms, while the Laval extension enters the 3rd platform (accessed to the side... separated by relatively short hallways). The idea was that in peak periods in the afternoon, every second train would terminate at Henri Bourassa and then turn around to head back towards Cote Vertu. The other trains would switch over to the 3rd platform, and would offer service into the 3 Laval stations.

Of course, our use at Lincoln Fields would be different but still, we can draw on the similarities, and the station layout / configuration.