Transition to a Zero-Emission Bus Fleet with Pat Scrimgeour, Director of Transit Customer Systems and Planning - June 2021
OC Transpo in Ottawa has recently announced their intention and plan to transition to a Zero-Emission Bus Fleet by 2035.
In this video discussion with Pat Scrimgeour, Director of Transit Customer Systems and Planning, we talk about this important endeavor towards battling Climate Change, and touch on the following points of interest:
- 00:00 - Opening
- 00:19 - Introduction
- 00:44 - What are the benefits and importance of a zero-emission fleet, to the customer, the city and the environment.
- 01:36 - The technology chosen to reach a Zero-Emission fleet.
- 07:46 - The federal government announced two funding programs to encourage transit systems to convert to zero-emission buses. How this will recent news play into future bus purchases, and how the transition is envisioned to proceed over the next 15 years.
- 11:58 - OC Transpo previously had Hybrid Buses. How did they fair and how will things be different with Battery Electric Buses.
- 14:20 - A changing transit system, shorter feeder routes.
- 23:21 - Less cross city routes as the O-Train continues to cover more of the city.
- 27:03 - Garage and storage facility requirements for Battery Electric Buses.
- 30:29 - The future of the articulated bus fleet. How will the bus fleet requirements evolve as a result of the O-Train.
- 34:26 - The rough timeline introducing the battery electric buses to the fleet.
- 37:47 - Closing
- Explore the current and future O-Train Network: https://otrain.railfans.ca/system-map
- More about the Citadis Spirit: https://otrain.railfans.ca/trains/alstom-citadis-spirit
- Visit our website: https://otrain.railfans.ca
- Subscribe to our channel: https://www.youtube.com/railfanscanada?sub_confirmation=1
- Follow us on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/railfanscanada
- Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/V2VEa4u
- And the Forum: https://www.railfans.ca/forum