Toronto’s Ontario Line, the trains, stations, line and more with Malcolm MacKay, Program Sponsor
Toronto's Ontario Line is a much-anticipated transit project that will feature 15 stations along a 15.6-kilometre route, operating underground, at grade and on elevated guideways, running from Exhibition Place, through downtown and reaching the Ontario Science Centre. This line will provide much-needed relief to the existing transportation options while connecting new communities to the rapid transit network.
In this video discussion with Malcolm MacKay, Program Sponsor of the Ontario Line with Metrolinx, we discuss the project, what need it addresses, the future stations and path of the line, the rolling stock, the future and how to get involved, making this video the perfect introduction and overview of this massive and significant Toronto transit project.
- 00:00 - Opening
- 00:20 - Introduction
- 00:33 - What is the Ontario Line?
- 01:19 - Why is it being built, and what need does it serve?
- 03:39 - Where is it being built and what path will the line take? (Ideally touch on the underground, elevated and surface sections of the guideway)
- 06:57 - The underground segments of the Ontario Line
- 08:34 - The partial closure of Queen Street during construction
- 12:04 - The at-grade and surface segments of the Ontario Line
- 13:32 - The elevated segments of the Ontario Line
- 15:01 - The rolling stock (trains) that will be used
- 19:33 - Platform screen doors
- 21:23 - What kind of construction and tunneling methods and techniques will be used?
- 25:00 - The location of the maintenance and storage facility at Thorncliffe Park.
- 28:25 - What is the rough projected timeline of the project?
- 30:22 - The future potential and expansion possibilities for the line
- 31:21 - How can residents and commuters get involved, learn more, and provide feedback on consultations.
- 33:51 - Closing
- Explore the current and public transit rail networks: https://map.railfans.ca
- Visit our website: https://www.railfans.ca
- Subscribe to our channel: https://www.youtube.com/railfanscanada?sub_confirmation=1
- Follow us on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/railfanscanada