The State of Passenger Rail in Canada with Terry Johnson, Transport Action Canada - December 2021
VIA Rail Canada is the operator of passenger rail in Canada. Many changes and improvements are in store for VIA Rail over the coming years. These include a new fleet for the busy Corridor service (servicing from Windsor to Quebec City), as well as High-Frequency Rail (HFR), which together are poised to create new opportunities and options for travellers and passengers.
In this discussion with Terry Johnson, President of Transport Action Canada, we discuss the new fleet, high-frequency rail, the struggles and challenges that passenger rail in Canada faces, why passenger rail in Europe is so successful and popular, and the possibilities and hopes for the future for the rest of Canada.
- Explore the current and public transit rail networks: https://map.railfans.ca
- Visit our website: https://www.railfans.ca
- Subscribe to our channel: https://www.youtube.com/railfanscanada?sub_confirmation=1
- Follow us on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/railfanscanada
- And the Forum: https://www.railfans.ca/forum