O-Train Improvements and Enhancements with Pat Scrimgeour, Director of Transit Customer Systems and Planning - March 2021
Ottawa's O-Train system continues to move forward with improvements and enhancements to better serve and support customers and passengers.
In this March 2021 interview with Pat Scrimgeour, Director of Transit Customer Systems and Planning, we discuss some of the improvements and enhancements that are being undertaken on the O-Train.
Areas discussed include work to allow fare gates at stations and Presto readers on buses directly accepting credit cards and mobile payments, OC Transpo Presto and STO Multi Card usage on each-others networks, Real-Time Information Improvements, Station Retail, Advertising in Stations and Trains, Improvements to customer service involving the social media channels of OC Transpo.
- 00:00 - Introduction
- 00:20 - Real-Time Information Displays
- 04:12 - Train Location Data
- 06:06 - Direct Payment at Fare Gates
- 10:32 - OC Transpo Presto and STO Multi Card
- 15:30 - Station Improvements
- 18:43 - Hurdman Station
- 19:47 - Station Retail
- 22:38 - Advertising in Stations and Trains
- 28:00 - OC Transpo Social Media Presence
- Visit our website: https://www.railfans.ca
- Subscribe to our channel: https://www.youtube.com/railfanscanada?sub_confirmation=1
- Follow us on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/railfanscanada
- Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/V2VEa4u
- And the Forum: https://www.railfans.ca/forum