A Discussion on VIA Rail's New Fleet for the Corridor with David Bellerive - December 2021
VIA Rail Canada is acquiring 32 new Siemens SC-42 & Venture trainsets to completely replace and modernize its busy corridor service (operating between Windsor and Quebec City). This segment of the passenger rail network is the busiest in Canada, accounting for around 70-80% of all ridership.
These new trainsets are stunning, complete with an eye-catching and classy new look, many new passenger features and amenities, and other enhancements that will enhance operations and efficiency for VIA Rail.
In this conversation with rail enthusiast David Bellerive, we discuss these exciting new trainsets, what they offer, all the great improvements they bring, and why we can't wait to ride them for real in the coming years!
- See more of the train in this short video walkthrough: https://youtu.be/iKEwNK_DTjc
- To learn more about these new trains, David Bellerive created this fantastic article filled with pictures: https://www.railfans.ca/via-rail/a-first-look-at-via-rail-canada-s-new-fleet
- To see the press conference from this event: https://youtu.be/3PrZHlvR-_o
- Visit our website: https://www.railfans.ca
- Subscribe to our channel: https://www.youtube.com/railfanscanada?sub_confirmation=1
- Follow us on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/railfanscanada
- And the Forum: https://www.railfans.ca/forum